UK Election Forecasts and Results 2017 and 2019..
Final Result was 365 seats for the conservatives and 285 for all the other parties.
This gives an 80 seat majority, but reduced to 79 as the speaker does not vote.
With the second General Election in two years, everyone is waiting to see if there will be a government that is NOT impeded by a Hung Parliament.
Will Boris Johnson have a sufficient majority to push through the Conservative policies or not?
The Exit polls show he will. But how accurate are they? The one shown below, in 2017, was very close.
There are 650 seats and 326 are needed for a minimum majority, but that would not be enough, as it only takes one MP to vote against their party and it falls apart.
If the Exit polls are right, and the Conservatives get 368 seats, THAT would be a good majority, with a combined number of only 282 (Labour, SNP and LibDem) able to vote in opposition.
UK General Election Forecast Result 2019
The Exit Polls for the 2019 General Election gave the following estimates:
- 368 Conservatives
- 191 Labour
- 55 SNP
- 13 Lib Dems
- 23 Others …
UK General Election Result 2019
The 2019 General Election gave the following seats:
- 365 Conservatives (3 less than Exit Poll forecast)
- 203 Labour (12 more than Exit Poll forecast)
- 48 Scottish National Party (SNP) (7 less than Exit Poll forecast)
- 11 Liberal Democrat (2 less than Exit Poll forecast)
- 23 Others…
- 8 Democratic Unionist Party
- 7 Sinn Féin
- 6 Plaid Cymru
- 2 Social Democratic & Labour Party
- 2 Green
- 2 Alliance Party
There were 47,587,254 registered voters for 2019. The turnout for 2019 looks like about 67.3%. This is lower than the 68.8% in 2017.
UK General Election Forecast Result 2017
The Exit Polls for the 2017 General Election gave the following estimates:
- 314 Conservatives
- 266 Labour
- 34 SNP
- 14 Lib Dems
- 22 Others…
- 3 Plaid Cymru
- 1 Green party
- 18 Others
UK General Election Result 2017
The 2017 General Election gave the following seats:
- 317 Conservatives (3 more than Exit Poll forecast)
- 262 Labour (4 fewer than Exit Poll forecast)
- 35 SNP (1 more than Exit Poll forecast)
- 12 Lib Dems (2 fewer than Exit Poll forecast)
- 23 Others (1 more than Exit Poll forecast) …
- 10 DUP
- 7 Sinn Fein
- 4 Plaid Cymru
- 1 Green Party
- 1 Independent
In a few more hours we will see how close the 2019 Exit Polls are.
2017 Results: parliament.uk/…/CBP-7979
53.1 - 625,721