Some areas of Thailand are expected to allow some foreigners to enter the country from the 1st July.
These areas are: Bangkok, Phuket, Hat Yai, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.
About 50,000 foreigners are likely to arrive in the country under the new rules.
The spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), Taweesilp Visanuyothin, said that most of the foreign nationals to be allowed back into the country will be required to accept a 14-day quarantine period after their arrival.
Those expected to be allowed in are:
- 700 business people and investors.
- 15,400 skilled labourers and experts.
- 2,000 foreigners married to Thais or permanent residents of Thailand.
- 2,000 educational personnel, teachers and students.
- 30,000 medical and wellness tourists.
General tourists may be permitted entry from August, but under a “travel bubble scheme” where they undergo “Villa Quarantine”. This entails staying in their accomodation and not being able to travel around. Full details of this are being worked on.
8.1 - 531,846