The Dates of the first Atomic Bombs..
The development of the A-Bomb followed the discovery of nuclear fission in uranium, at the University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, United Kingdom.
Initially the British A-bomb project was larger and more advanced than the US project, but after the United States entered the war, the British government decided to shelve its own independent nuclear process, and participate in the joint Manhattan project. The US had more facilities, etc., that were safer from being bombed by the German air force.
The United States, the United Kingdom and Canada developed the first nuclear weapons during World War II as part of the Manhattan Project.
- The United States tested the first atomic bomb on 16th July 1945, and used one just 3 weeks later.
- The USSR successfully tested their first atomic bomb on 29th August 1949.
- The United Kingdom tested a UK built atomic device on 3rd October 1952.
- France tested their first atomic bomb on 13th February 1960.
- China tested their first atomic bomb on 16th October 1964.
- India tested their first atomic bomb on 18 May 1974.
- Israel possibly tested their first atomic bomb on 22 September 1979, or maybe earlier.
- Pakistan tested their first atomic bomb on 28 May 1998.
- North Korea tested their first atomic bomb on 9th October 2006.
19.1 - 592,567