Queen Mary of England and Scotland..
I have lost count of the times I have seen confusion about Queen Mary, the Sovereign.
There are two Queen Mary’s that cause some confusion for some people, and it is understanding why. Many people think of Britain as England, they seem to say England, but actually mean Scotland as well, and Wales and Ireland too…
So for the Record, these two Queen Mary’s are NOT the same people.
Mary, Queen of England 1553 to 1558
- Mary, Queen of England 1553-1558 (sister to Elizabeth I) born 1516, is the daughter of King Henry VIII of England and Catherine of Aragon (Daughter of the King of Aragon).
- Mary was succeeded by her half sister Elizabeth I (also a daughter of King Henry VIII)
Mary Queen of Scotland 1542 to 1567
- Mary (House of Stuart) Queen of Scots, (born 1542) reigned over Scotland from December 1542 to July 1567. (Died 8 February 1587) (Daughter of King James V of Scotland and Mary of Guise)
Let us not forget another Mary, a daughter of King Henry VII of England, and who became Queen of France.
Mary Tudor, Queen of France 1514 to 1515
- Mary Tudor, Queen of France, as the wife of Louis XII of France, from 1514 to 1515 (Louis XII died in 1515. Mary died in 1533)
- Mary Tudor was a daughter of King Henry VII of England and Elizabeth of York (the daughter of Edward IV).
- Mary Tudor, Queen of France. (Born: 18 March 1496. Died: 25 June 1533) was a daughter of King Henry VII of England and Elizabeth of York.
- Mary I, Queen of England (Born: 18 February 1516. Died: 17 November 1558) was a daughter of King Henry VIII of England and Catherine of Aragon
- Mary Queen of Scotland (Born: 8 December 1542. Died: 8 February 1587) was a daughter of James V of Scotland and Margaret Tudor
964.1 - 763,683