Sydney is the capital city of New South Wales in Australia, but it is NOT, as some people think, the Capital City of Australia.
Sydney is often looked at in TWO different ways; the City of Sydney and the Greater Sydney areas.
The Greater Sydney Area reaches past Wyong and Gosford in the North down to the Royal National Park in the South, with its Western point being past the Blue Mountains.
Greater Sydney (GCCSA)
This area covers 12,428.4km² and is made up of 43 Local Government Areas and over 300 suburbs.
- 2011: 4,391,674
- A$75,244 Median Annual household income ($1,447 pw)
- A$26,004 Median Annual mortgage repayments ($2,167 pm) 34.6% of household income
- 60.9% Detached houses,
- 12.8% Semi-detached, terraced, townhouses etc,
- 25.8% flats, units or apartments and
- 0.5% other types
- 30.4% owned outright,
- 34.8% owned with a mortgage
- 31.6% rented
Sydney Local Government area (LGA)
This area covers 25km² and is made up of 1 Local Government Areas and 32 suburbs.
- 2011: 169,505
- A$85,228 Median Annual household income ($1,639 pw)
- A$30,468 Median Annual mortgage repayments ($2,539 pm) 35.7% of household income
- 4.2% Detached houses,
- 21.2% Semi-detached, terraced, townhouses etc,
- 73.6% flats, units or apartments and
- 0.3% other types
- 14.1% owned outright
- 23.2% owned with a mortgage
- 59.8% rented.
Estimated population of the State of New South Wales in 2011 was 6,917,658
City of Sydney suburbs are: Alexandria, Annandale, Barangaroo, Beaconsfield, Camperdown, Centennial Park, Chippendale, Darlinghurst, Darlington, Dawes Point, Elizabeth Bay, Erskineville, Eveleigh, Forest Lodge, Glebe, Haymarket, Millers Point, Moore Park, Newtown, Paddington, Potts Point, Pyrmont, Redfern, Rosebery, Rushcutters Bay, Surry Hills, Sydney CBD, The Rocks, Ultimo, Waterloo, Woolloomooloo, Zetland
|Kayaking Sydney Harbour Bridge Lunch Tour
The ultimate guided kayaking tour in Sydney. Explore the inner harbour of Sydney and admire the magnificent views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. Includes gourmet picnic lunch. Hotel pickups also available from any CBD hotel.Starting at A$ 115 Per Trip>> Click For Details & Pictures
750.1 - 671,058