I lost count of the number of news articles today that are stating that “Facebook is in the latest list of top 10 most hated companies in America”.
This is the listing being quoted from the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ASI)
- United Airlines: score 60 June 2011
- Charter Communications: score 60 June 2011
- Northwest Airlines: score 61 June 2011
- Time Warner Cable: score 61 May 2011
- Comcast: score 61 May 2011
- Delta Airlines: score 62 June 2011
- US Airways: score 62 June 2011
- MySpace.com: score 63 July 2010
- American Airlines: score 63 June 2011
- Facebook.com : score 64 July 2010
I am not sure how the ratings are calculated, but I compared against similar companies and found these results in the July 2010 results which are the latest available for these categories:
Internet Social Media section:
Wikipedia.org : score 77
YouTube.com : score 73
Facebook.com : score 64
MySpace.com : score 63
Internet Portals & Search Engines section:
Google : score 80
Bing.com : score 77
Yahoo! : score 76
MSN : score 75
AOL : score 74
Ask.com : score 73
Is the wording most hated really accurate, or should it be least popular ?
I am assuming that the scoring relates to a popularity ranking. ie Google gets a popularity ranking of 80 while Facebook only gets 64.
How many companies were included in the survey ?
The most hated company in America is LIKED by 60% of those surveyed, yet is referred to as the most hated ?
Questionable at the very least.
54.1 - 724,393