By Deborah Moggach
Enticed by advertisements for a newly restored palatial hotel and filled with visions of a life of leisure, good weather and mango juice in their gin, a group of very different people leave England to begin a new life in India.
On arrival they are dismayed to find the palace is a shell of its former self, the staff more than a little eccentric, and the days of the Raj long gone. But, as they soon discover, life and love can begin again, even in the most unexpected circumstances.
It was first published with the title “These Foolish Things”.
- Published: 16 February 2012
- Format: Paperback 288 pages
- ISBN 13: 9780099572022
- ISBN 10: 0099572028
Priced June 2012
- A$ 11.97 www.fishpond.com.au Free Delivery Australia
- GBP £ 7.59 (A$12.07) www.bookdepository.com Free delivery worldwide
- US$ 11.84 (A$12.07) www.bookdepository.com Free delivery worldwide
30.1 - 711,611