European countries that are not members of the European Union [EU]..
With the UK attempting to leave the EU, it is worth looking at how many other countries in Europe are NOT in the EU.
The major local countries to the UK, not in the EU, are Norway and Switzerland.
Each of these has a higher GDP per capita than the EU average, or even most EU countries, the only exception being Luxembourg, with its very curious GDP figures.
Example Gross Domestic Product [GDP] per capita in 2018
- 92,121.40 US dollars – Norway (not EU)
- 78,816.20 US dollars – Switzerland (not EU)
- 42,986 US dollars – United Kingdom
- 43,663.60 US dollars – France
- 47,501.80 US dollars – Germany
- 40,978.90 US dollars – Euro Area
GDP Sources: tradingeconomics.com
European Countries not in the European Union
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The United Kingdom may be added to this list shortly..
27.1 - 677,119