To stay in the Philippines, after the initial visa period, you need to get a visa extension from the office of the local Bureau of Immigration.
The addresses of these offices can be found at: http://immigration.gov.ph just look for the page showing “BI – SUBPORT OFFICES” (see bottom of page for help in understanding the location abbreviations)
In May 2013 it shows the only office on the Mindoro island as:
Bureau of Immigration Calapan Field Office
J. Luna St., Calapan City Oriental Mindoro
Corazon M. Magugat – Acting Alien Control Officer
Tel. # (043) 288-2245 | 287-3570
There is also, just a ferry ride away on the main Luzon mainland, this office:
Bureau of Immigration Batangas District Office
Diversion Road, Barangay Bolbok
Roseo Isabelo M. Manguiat – Acting Alien Control Officer
Tel. # (043) 723-3032 | 723-2784
However, it appears that there may be a sub-office in Puerto Galera itself, but only operating part time hours.
The location that I have found is either at the public market or near one of the schools. I will have to check both locations and see which is correct.
The definitive answer to the location of the Puerto Galera Immigration Office (May 2013):
The Puerto Galera Immigration office is in a small room near the shopping area just above the main public market. The building also houses the Public Library and a Western Union Office.
On both sides of the Public Market there are concrete stairs, and you need to go up ONE floor, to the second floor. [The ground floor of buildings in the Philippines is called the first floor, so the Second Floor is the first one you get to when going up the stairs]
Go up the stairs on the Right [When facing the market], then turn right when you reach the next floor.
After facing right, you will see that straight ahead on the left is Western Union, and on the right is a shopping area, turn right and follow the line of dresses on sale. Halfway down on the right is a small door, this is the Immigration Office.
If you take photocopies of the photo page of your passport, and the page(s) with your Philippines entry stamps (especially the first entry one), then you could be out again within 10-15 minutes. That is how long it took me today, but I do have the ACR photo card, so that may speed up the process.
This office also did not object to me wearing shorts 😉 Not like the very strict Cebu office.
The cost for a 2 month extension this time was 3,030 pesos.
- P 0300 Application Fee
- P 1,000 Extension Fee
- P 0500 Certificate Fee
- P 0030 LRJ
- P 1,000 Express Fee
BI – SUBPORT OFFICES
- AO = Airport Operations. Ninoy Aquino International Airport
- SO = Satellite Offices. Manila, Laguna, Rizal, etc.
- NL = Northern Luzon. Cagayan, Baguio City, Isabela, etc.
- CL = Central Luzon. Pampanga, Bataan, Subic, Olongapo City, etc.
- SL = Southern Luzon. Batangas City, Oriental Mindoro, Marinduque, Naga City, Palawan, etc.
- CV = Central Visayas. Cebu City, Mandaue City, Dumaguete City, etc
- WV = Western Visayas. Iloilo City, Bacolod City, Aklan, etc
- EV = Eastern Visayas. Tacloban City, Samar, etc.
- NM = Northern Mindanao. Cagayan De Oro City, Butuan City,Surigao City, etc.
- SM = Souther Mindanao. Davao City, General Santos City, Zamboanga City, etc.
- BCS = Border Crossing Station
215.1 - 606,225