- 1 Kg potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 cups milk, milk and cream of any mix
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Grated cheese
Preparation and Cooking
- Peel the potatoes and put them in a bowl of water.
- Add the milk, salt, pepper and garlic to a large pan.
- Slice the potatoes very thinly, directly into the milk. (without rinsing, as the starch from the potato is an important part of the recipe)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- Bring the potatoes to a slow boil over medium heat while stirring to avoid burning. Use a heavy bottomed pan to help avoid burning.
- After a few minutes of slow boiling, transfer to an oven proof dish, add the grated cheese on top and put into the oven.
- Cook at 200 celsius for 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the cheese is brown.
459.1 - 699,308
↓ Scroll down for Comments ↓