Microsoft Office 2010 Starter Edition is a free version of Office 2010 that is NOT available for download, but is now available pre-loaded on many new computers.
This starter version has advertising down the right hand side, taking up about 20% of the screen space. This would be very inconvenient on small screens, and I have seen many people annoyed by this. However, as it is FREE it shouldn’t be too annoying.
I also think it runs a bit slower than the full version, but again probably designed that way to allow people to experience the program, and then BUY the full, better, version.
Office Starter 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010 is a new productivity suite consisting of limited-functionality versions of Word and Excel and including advertising.
- It does not include PowerPoint or Outlook.
- It is designed for home users who are not ready to buy a full version of Office 2010.
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010 is available only on new PCs when preloaded in conjunction with the Office Single Image containing all three Office suites ready for end-user activation.
- It will not be sold through distribution or available to end users as a standalone product.
- End users must purchase a Product Key to activate the full Office 2010 functionality.
- Office Starter 2010 is not a trial–it has a perpetual license that does not expire.
173.1 - 711,601